Privacy Statement Summary
This privacy statement explains what information we gather about you when you use our Arctic Star Website, what we use that information for and who we give that information to. It also sets out your rights in relation to your information and who you can contact for more information or queries.
Who this privacy statement applies to and what it covers?
This privacy statement applies to the arcticstar.is Website owned by Arctic Star Ltd. with registered office address at Sidumuli 31, 108 Reykjavík, Iceland.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and handling your information in an open and transparent manner.
This privacy statement sets out how we will collect, handle, store and protect information about you when you use our Arctic Star Website.
When we refer to “our Website” or “this Website” in this policy we mean the specific webpage http://www.arcticstar.is/
This privacy statement also contains information about when we share your personal data with other third parties (for example, our service).
In this privacy statement, your information is sometimes called “personal data” or “personal information”. We may also sometimes collectively refer to handling, collecting, protecting and storing your personal information as “processing” such personal information.
What information do we collect?
In the course of providing services to you we may collect or obtain personal data about you. We may also collect personal data from you when you use this Website.
The personal data that we collect or obtain may include: your name; age; gender; e-mail address; country of residence; your IP address; your browser type and language; your access times; details of how you use our products and services; details of how you like to interact with us and other similar.
The types of personal data and special categories of personal data that we collect may vary depending on the nature of the services that we provide to you or how you use our Website. We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy. Our Website and services are not designed for or intentionally targeted at children. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or store information about children.
How we use information about you?
Use of personal information to provide services to our clients
We will use your personal data to provide you with services. As part of this, we may use your personal data in the course of correspondence relating to the services.
Use of personal information for other activities that form part of the operation of our business
We may also use your personal data for the purposes of, or in connection with:
- applicable legal or regulatory requirements
- requests and communications from competent authorities
- client account opening and other administrative purposes
- financial accounting, invoicing and risk analysis purposes
- client relationship purposes, which may involve: (i) sending you details of our products and services that we think might be of interest to you; (ii) contacting you to receive feedback on services; and (iii) contacting you for other market or research purposes;
- services we receive from our professional advisors, such as lawyers, accountants and consultants
- protecting our rights and those of our clients.
Use of personal information collected via our website
In addition to the purposes connected to the operation of our business above, we may also use your personal data collected via our website:
- to manage and improve our website
- to tailor the content of our website to provide you with a more personalized experience and draw your attention to information about our products and services that may be of interest to you
- to manage and respond to any request you submit through our website.
The legal grounds we use for processing personal information
We use your personal data for the purposes outlined above because:
(a) of our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of our services to you or our client.
(b) of our legitimate interests in the effective and lawful operation of our business so long as such interests are not outweighed by your interests;
(c) of the legal and regulatory obligations that we are subject to, such as keeping records for tax purposes or providing information to a public body or law enforcement agency or
(d) the information is required in order to provide our services to you or our client.
To the extent that we process any sensitive personal data relating to you for any of the purposes outlined above, we will do so because you have given us your explicit consent to process that data.
If you do not want to continue receiving any marketing materials from us, you can click on the unsubscribe function in the communication or e-mail.
Who we disclose your information to?
In connection with one or more of the purposes outlined in the “How we use information about you?” section above, we may disclose details about you to: third parties that provide services to us; competent authorities (including courts and authorities regulating us); and other third parties that reasonably require access to personal data relating to you for one or more of the purposes outlined in the “How we use information about you?” section above.
Further details of the transfers described above and the adequate safeguards used by Arctic Star Ltd. in respect of such transfers (including copies of relevant agreements) are also available from us by contacting email@example.com
We may also need to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law, a regulator or during legal proceedings.
Protection of your personal information
We use a range of physical, electronic and managerial measures to ensure that we keep your personal data secure, accurate and up to date. These measures include:
- education and training to relevant staff to ensure they are aware of our privacy obligations when handling personal data
- administrative and technical controls to restrict access to personal data on a ‘need to know’ basis
- technological security measures, including fire walls, encryption and anti-virus software
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal data, the transmission of data over the internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure. We endeavor to protect personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us or by us.
How long we keep your information for?
We will hold your personal data on our systems for the longest of the following periods:
- as long as is necessary for the relevant activity or services.
- any retention period that is required by law.
- the end of the period in which litigation or investigations might arise in respect of the services
You have various rights in relation to your personal data. In particular, you have a right to:
- obtain confirmation that we are processing your personal data and request a copy of the personal data we hold about you
- ask that we update the personal data we hold about you, or correct such personal data that you think is incorrect or incomplete
- ask that we delete personal data that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal data
- withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on consent)
- receive a copy of the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit such personal data to another party (to the extent the processing is based on consent or a contract)
- object to our processing of your personal data.
To exercise any of your rights, or if you have any other questions about our use of your personal data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address below:
Arctic Star Ltd.
c/o Privacy manager
You may also use these contact details if you wish to make a complaint to us relating to your privacy.
Right to complain
If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your personal data or any privacy query or request that you have raised with us, you have a right to complain to the EU Data Protection Authority (“DPA”) in your jurisdiction. If you would like to be directed to the appropriate DPA, please contact us at email email@example.com
Changes to this privacy statement
We may modify or amend this privacy statement from time to time.
To let you know when we make changes to this privacy statement, we will amend the revision date at the top of this page. The new modified or amended privacy statement will apply from that revision date. Therefore, we encourage you to periodically review this statement to be informed about how we are protecting your information.